Every year since 2015, Chevrolet of Homewood owner Steve Phillipos poses the question: How would a new car change your life?
The dealership's Homewood Chevy Cares program is inviting people to answer that question in a 200-word essay that must be submitted by Dec. 14. The dealership staff will review the submissions and invite top finalists to visit the dealership and make a video version of their story.
On Dec. 21, the dealership will announce who will receive a free 2020 Chevrolet Sonic, which will be presented on Christmas Eve.
"We want this new car to change that person's life," Phillipos said in a video announcing this year's contest.
Winners in the past have nominated themselves or someone they know who they think is deserving. One year, a bus driver nominated a family who rode on his bus. Phillipos noted that organizations can be nominated, too.
"It could be a small organization that helps other people," he said.
Anyone can enter. Recipients do not need to live in Homewood.
Entries can be made on the Homewood Chevy Cares website or by mail to Chevrolet of Homewood, 18033 Halsted St. Homewood, IL 60430.
- Homewood business plays Santa in a big way (Dec. 24, 2015)
- New car and new friends make family's Christmas brighter (Dec. 26, 2016)
- Homeless Chicago woman wins free new car from Homewood Chevy (Dec. 25, 2017)
- Homewood couple caring for disabled child wins new car from Homewood Chevy (Dec. 24, 2018)
- Crete family sees miracle in free new car (Dec. 25, 2019)