Halloween decorations are popping up in area yards, and now there's a chance for creative decorators to compete for prizes in the Haunted Homewood Halloween House Decorating Contest.
Residents can enter their decorations in the contest until Oct. 26. Judging will take place from 6 to 8:30 p.m. on Oct. 29.
Winners will be announced on Oct. 30.
- Participation is open and free to all Homewood residents.
- Employees and elected officials of the village of Homewood are not eligible to participate.
- Entry applications are due no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 26.
- Judging based on “curb appeal.” Judges will not view decorations on the side or back of the house.
- Participants must agree to have photos of their decorated house on social media, the village e-newsletter and other village publications.
- Participants should ensure all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the night of the judging period.
- All decorations must be PG rated, not discriminatory, political or in any way inappropriate for children and neighbors to see.
- Decorations must comply with Homewood laws and housing codes.
- Judges are authorized to exclude entries that do not comply with these guidelines.
- Homeowners do not need to be home for judging.
- Scariest: Entries judged on overall sense of fright.
- Special Effects: Entries judged on mechanical special effects.
- Child friendly: Entries judged on cheery themed decorations, suitable for all ages.
Winners will receive a $25 Aurelio’s gift card and a sign for their yard.
Click here to download an application.