South Suburban College, 15800 S. State St. in South Holland, has signed a new intergovernmental agreement with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to continue free COVID-19 testing on its main campus in South Holland through Dec. 31.
“We have heard from our community about the convenience of this site helping them to better deal with the challenges of the pandemic. We are pleased to offer this support for the remainder of this year,” said Frank M. Zuccarelli, Chairman of the SSC Board of Trustees.
The COVID-19 testing drive-thru is conducted by HR Support in the SSC Fitness Center’s east parking lot seven days a week. Tents are highly visible and cars may enter from either 159th Street or State Street to follow the signage. Daily testing is available from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and a security detail will continue to be in place while testing is open.
More details about the testing process include:
- Testing is available for anyone, not only Illinois residents.
- Testing is available for all ages (with parental consent when appropriate).
- State-issued identification is required.
- Testing will now be conducted via nasal swab, which is painless, and a significant improvement over the more invasive nasopharyngeal test.
- Results are delivered by phone within four to seven business days.
Questions may be sent to [email protected].
COVID-19 symptoms may include fever, sore throat, loss of taste, cough or shortness of breath. Visit CDC.gov for more information regarding symptoms.