Metra will be making changes to the weekday schedules on the Metra Electric line beginning Monday, Jan. 11. The updated schedules are intended to improve travel options and train operations across the Metra system.
The schedule changes on the Metra Electric Line will resolve operational issues created by the implementation of Positive Train Control (PTC), a federally mandated safety system, on the Blue Island Branch as well as on the South Chicago Branch during the midday period. The new schedule can be viewed here.
Customers are advised to review the entire schedule for their line as departure times and stopping patterns may have been adjusted throughout. Metra will continue to reevaluate its schedules during the COVID-19 pandemic and make changes as warranted to enable social distancing and address current travel patterns. Major changes are outlined below.
Blue Island Branch Line:
Outbound Train 205 will depart Millennium Station at 7:09 a.m. (previously 7:03 a.m.)
- Inbound Train 214 will depart Blue Island at 8:06 a.m. (previously 8 a.m.)
- Outbound Train 237 will depart Millennium Station at 5:16 p.m. (previously 5:04 p.m.)
- Inbound Train 224 will depart Blue Island at 5:35 p.m. (previously 5:46 p.m.)
South Chicago Branch Line:
All outbound trains operating between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays will depart Millennium Station 10 minutes later than the current schedule.
- Train 315 will now depart at 8:50 a.m.
- Train 317 will now depart at 9:50 a.m.
- Train 319 will now depart at 10:50 a.m.
- Train 321 will now depart at 11:50 a.m.
- Train 323 will now depart at 12:50 p.m.
- Train 325 will now depart at 1:50 p.m.
- Train 327 will now depart at 2:50 p.m.