Homewood trustees will honor two retiring fire captains, Lawrence Lipinski and William Wright, at the board meeting Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Lipinski and Wright each served the Homewood Fire Department for 40 years.
Their retirements opened up four positions within the fire department, according to Fire Chief Bob Grabowski. The oath of office will be administered Tuesday to John Elashik and Tom Gaskin, promoted to captain rank, and to Ryan Scheiter and Ryan Tracy, promoted to lieutenant rank.
The oath of office will also be administered to Brian Hankey, new engineering project coordinator with the Public Works Department.
In other business, the board will consider:
- A request for financial assistance from the non-TIF business incentive program for the development of EmpanadUs restaurant at 1941 Ridge Road.
- A budget amendment to account for sewer repairs on the 18800 block of Ashland Avenue.
- An intergovernmental agreement with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the provision of fire station alerting equipment.
- A special use permit enabling fitness center Body by Ivory to move to a new home at 18659 Dixie Highway.
- A special use permit enabling Strictly Hair Salon to operate at 18116 Martin Ave.
- A resolution adopting the 2019 zoning map.
- An ordinance amending the municipal code to update the portion governing the installation of solar panels on homes.
- A proclamation honoring the 100th anniversary of the League of Women Voters.
Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. in the board room at village hall, 2020 Chestnut Road.