Homewood trustees will vote on the adoption of a revised municipal code at their regular meeting Tuesday, July 13.
The code has not received a comprehensive update in more than 20 years, according to Village Manager Jim Marino. He said most of the revisions address outdated laws and make the code consistent internally and with state law.
No changes were made to the zoning code because that is being reviewed and revised in a separate process over the coming months and will include public input.
"Most of the revisions simply clean up the codebook and reorganize it for easier navigation and searching," he said in a memo to the board.
In other business, Anne Knoeppel will be sworn in as finance clerk.
Mayor Richard Hofeld plans to issue three proclamations, including one honoring the Van Drunen family for operating a Ford dealership in Homewood for 91 years. The family recently sold the business to the owner of Chevrolet of Homewood, Steve Phillipos.
Another proclamation will honor Fred and Suzie Sierzega for their 49 years in business. The couple recently retired and closed Suzie's Hallmark.
A third proclamation will designate Sept. 20-26 as National Rail Safety Week in the village.
The agenda also includes board consideration for:
- An expense reimbursement resolution for Ford of Homewood.
- A special use permit and parking variance for Stay Essential Fitness at the business's proposed location, 18350 Kedzie Ave.
- Awarding a bid for fire hydrant maintenance and GPS services.
- Awarding a bid for a sewer inspection camera system.
- The board meeting will be held in-person at village hall, 2020 Chestnut Road, and will be accessible digitally. Fully vaccinated attendees may enter the village hall without a face covering. Unvaccinated attendees must wear a face covering.
To attend remotely by computer, visit Zoom.us using any internet browser. Select "join a meeting" from menu at top right of the page. The meeting ID is 980 4907 6232 and the password is 830183.
To listen to the meeting via phone, dial 312-626-6799. Enter above ID and password followed by # sign.
Members of the public will be offered opportunities to comment during the meeting. Written comments can be submitted by email to [email protected] or by placing them in the drop box in front of village hall, 2020 Chestnut Road. Written comments submitted by 4 p.m. on Tuesday will be distributed to board members prior to the meeting.